● Standards: USBV1.1, 1.0, 2.0, RS-485, RS-422 EIA
● USB Signal: VCC, DATA+, DATA-, GND, FG
● RS-485 signal: T/R+, T/R-, GND
● RS-422 signal: T/R+, T/R-, RXD+, RXD-, GND
● Working mode: Asynchronous, point to point or point to multi-point, 2 wires half-duplex or 4 wires full-duplex
● Direction control: Adopts traffic direction auto control technology
● Baud rate: 300-921.6Kbps auto-detect serial signal
● Loading capacity: Supports point to multi-point communication, allows to connect 32 sets RS-422 or RS-485 device
● Transmission distance: 1,200m(9,600bps) for RS-485/422, no more than 5m for USB
● Port protection: surge, ±15KV ESD protection
● Connector: USB-A male, DB9 male
● LEDs for indicating PWR TXD, and RXD activity
● Transmission media: Twisted-pair or shielded cable
● Length: 1.5m
● Operating temperature: -40℃ to 85℃
● Relative humidity: 5% to 95%
● Transmission distance: 0-1,200m
● Supports Win2000/2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/CE/Mac/Linux
As the PC industry growing, most of the low speed external ports are replaced by USB port. In industrial environment, lots of important equipments still adopt RS-485/422 interface design. With this, most of the users use USB to RS-485/422 converter to transmit the data between PC and RS-485/422 equipments.
UT-890A is a universal USB to RS-485/422 converter. There is no need external power; it is compatible with USB and RS-485/422 standards. UT-890 enables to convert USB signal to balanced differential RS-485/422 signal. It provides each wire with surge protection; the tiny interelectrode capacitance ensures high speed transmission for RS-422/485 ports. RS-485/422 adopts DB9 male as connector; internal zero delay auto receiving and transmitting function, unique I/O circuit auto control data flow direction without any handshake signal (RTS, DTR) ; there is no need jumper wire setting for full duplex (RS-422) and half duplex (RS-485) mode, plug & play. All these ensure that it is compatible with all the communication software and interface hardware.
UT-890A provides connection for point to point, point to multipoint communication. For point to multipoint mode, each converter is allowed to connect 32 sets RS-422 or RS-485 device with baud rate 300-921.6Kbps. The power and data flow indicators show the status of the communication.