● Standards: RS-232C、RS-485 EIA/TIA
● Interface: RS-232C: 10-pin terminal block
RS-485: 10-pin terminal block
● Transmission media: Twisted-pair or shielded cable
● Working mode: Asynchronous half-duplex
● Operating power: 9-30VDC/350mA
● LEDs for indicating PWR TXD, RXD, and E1-E4 activity
● Isolated voltage 2,500VRMS 500 DC, DC/DC module
● Baudrate: 300bps-115.2kbps
● Protection level: RS-232 ±15KV ESD protection
● RS-485 provides each wire with 600W lightning, surge protection
● Transmission distance: 0-5,000m (115,200-300bps)
● Dimension: 120×80×25mm
● Operating temperature: -40℃ to 85℃
● Relative humidity: 5% to 95%
● Work with all communication software, plug & play
UT-5204 is a hub special designed for RS-485 BUS under complicated electromagnetic field. The transmission rate for this hub is as high as 115.2KBPS. To ensure the safety and reliability of the data communication, RS-485 port adopts optoelectronic isolation technology to prevent from lightning and surge; the built-in optoelectronic isolator and 600W surge protection circuit can provide 2,500V isolated voltage for lightning and ESD protection. Meanwhile, it adopts external switch power, prevents from common ground interference; it is quite good for outdoor application.
Under RS-485 working mode, the distinguished circuit can auto sense the direction of data flow, and switch it automatically, so as to control the circuit, solve RS-485 time delay problem. The transmission distance of RS-485 port is more than 1,200m. This model is widely used in highway toll system, road monitoring system, and power system.
UT-5204 RS-485 HUB supports star RS-485 BUS connection. Each port supports short-circuit, open-circuit protection, 2,500V optoelectronic isolation. User can easily change the structure of RS-485 BUS, divide the network segment, and improve the communication reliability. When the device break down, the network segment with problem will be isolated, so as to ensure other network segment working smooth; this performance greatly improve the reliability of RS-485, and shorten the maintenance time of the network.